Interested in working within the construction Industry?
Guaranteed CSCS card on successful completion
NOCN Level 1 Award in
Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
What will you gain?
- Functional skills
- English and Maths up to level 2
- Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- CSCS Card
The course is designed to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to work safely within the construction industry.
Learners will gain knowledge on risk assessment, manual handling, working safely at height as well as around plant and equipment with specific awareness of risks to health within a construction environment. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and over.
The qualification will provide learners with an opportunity to:
- Gain an introduction to the skills and qualities for working safely within the construction industry
- Gain knowledge on the principles of risk assessment including legal requirements, hazard management in relation to plant and equipment as well as dealing with potential risks to health, for example, from
handling asbestos, safe manual handling and working at height
- Achieve a standalone qualification that offers progression into further training and/or an Apprenticeship in the Construction Sector.